When you are planning your wedding, why not bring in an artist? Emily Rose Ink offers more than your typical wedding invites. This professional calligrapher has been “drawn to the intersection between words and art” since childhood. She now gathers information about a couple’s vision for their big day and tells the story through her thoughtful calligraphy and art.
Since she offers the ultimate in personalized invites, we are so pleased she has used custom printed tissue paper from Digiwrap to help carry the art and theme of the wedding through all the details, designing custom tissue paper for wedding welcome bags. We sat down with Emily to learn more about her incredible work, her inspiration, and what she does for fun.
Why are you passionate about calligraphy? I've always had good handwriting and loved cursive, but there's something very meditative about calligraphy—dipping the pen, forming the letters—it's like each envelope is a work of art, like a gift for each recipient. Especially these days, it's so rare that we get beautiful hand-written letters in the mail, so it's a really special moment when you find a beautifully calligraphed envelope in your mailbox.
How did you get into it? My sister got married in 2014 and asked me to design her wedding invitations since I had always been really passionate about art and knew my way around photoshop. I took a calligraphy class, and at her wedding, a few people asked me if I would do their invitations, and the rest is history!
What inspires you when you are designing something new? I get a lot of my inspiration from nature; one of the first things I do when I'm working on a custom sketch is to look at pictures of the wedding venue online. I talk to the client about their vision, their passions, why they chose their wedding venue and date, etc...and then I let the setting speak to me. Often, we pull in specific flowers that they are going to be using, and I pull those flowers into the design as well.
How have you used Digiwrap paper? The most common use of Digiwrap paper has been for welcome bags.
We've loved the custom tissue paper we have created through Digiwrap and are excited to continue using it for our clients in the future! The colors were accurate and vibrant, and the paper was really high-quality.
What do you do for fun? I love to read (I was a high school English teacher in my past life). I love poetry and I have also been trying to read more contemporary novels by women with female protagonists. There was a great article in the NYT with a list and I bought like 10 books from there to read! I crave time with a big cup of coffee and a good book. I also love to walk our two rescue dogs in the park, and practice yoga.
Learn more about Emily Rose Ink
We love our custom printed gift bags and tissue paper, and we can gush about it all day. But it’s our product, so of course we love it, right? But now you don’t have to take it from us. It’s such a huge honor to hear Sabine Lenz, the Paper Queen of PaperSpecs gush about it. She has a penchant for paper, and has built a career off of celebrating it. And PaperSpecs is a magazine dedicated to the power and poignancy of print design. So her high compliments are such a treat!
She raves about the customization, the paper options, and our favorite is when she waxes poetic about the experience of having one of these bags: “While both custom-printed tissue paper and bags are eye-catching, it is the pairing of these that truly make for an unforgettable experience. From the look and feel of the complete package to the crinkling sound of the tissue paper between your fingers, nearly every sense is engaged.” What a great, vivid description!
We love especially that as she walked around the How Design conference with one of our bags, everyone wanted to know what she had. She says they approached her with one thought in mind: “this is the perfect giveaway for events without having to invest in huge print runs.”
As a part of the gift wrap industry, we understand celebration. And as a custom gift wrap company, we understand that some things are worth such a high level of celebration that wrapping you can buy at any old store just won’t do. Gift wrap customer Nikki turned to Digiwrap when she was about to attend the ultimate family party—a celebration of life for her Great Uncle Keag, who had passed away recently, and an 80th birthday party for his wife, Great Aunt Helen.
Nikki says her Great Aunt Helen is a total character. Throughout the party, she cracked everyone up, as usual. To Nikki, she said, “You know, I am recently single if you have any friends you can introduce me to." In fact, the picture Nikki picked for the personalized tissue paper is this one—which Nikki says is a common theme in her photos of Great Aunt Helen:
Great Uncle Keag was a character as well. During his celebration of life, most of the crowd was surprised to find out that he was a stunt driver Dan Keenors Hurricane Hell Drivers In the late 60s and early 70s. At the ceremony, his sister-in-law told the crowd, ”He along with the other stunt drivers thrilled fair audiences around America by doing their precision driving, driving through fire, and standing on top of cars while they were being driven through fire. They would jump their cars over 5 or six other cars, roll their cars to come out unscathed. They were billed as America's first crash dummies." Of course this fun family would come from that kind of stock.
At the celebration of life, Great Uncle Keag was remembered well with some funny stories and some tears.
Then the family moved to the church gathering room for Great Aunt Helen’s 80th birthday celebration. They say with gifts that “it’s the thought that counts,” and if that’s true, nothing says you thought about it more than wrapping with a personal photo, name, or quote. Take a look at the gift wrap below—it doesn’t matter what is inside these gifts. Throughout the party, when anyone passed the table, they stopped and admired.
When Great Aunt Helen opened her gifts, she was so gentle with the tissue paper and bag—she wanted to save every piece of it. Then she looked closer and realized that the tissue paper had the picture of her flipping people off. She said, "Oh no, you are going to show this picture of me? This is so bad, we are in church!" Nikki laughed and said, "Aunt Helen, I have heard you swear at least twelve times today in this church." After they laughed together, Nikki added, “Besides this is my favorite flip-off picture of you and there are a lot to choose from."
Great Aunt Helen thought the custom gift wrap was so special that she plans to frame the extra pieces. Happy Birthday, Great Aunt Helen! We are glad you had such a great celebration of life for Great Uncle Keag and partied well for your 80th trip around the sun!
Do you have a Great Aunt Helen in your life? Are you interested in custom gift bags? We make all custom gift bags available on Zazzle. Order yours today
How about custom tissue paper? Check out our selection of easily customizable tissue paper.
People love celebrating Halloween, and every year it seems to get more festive and fun. Are you looking for Pinteresting ways to celebrate this year? Digiwrap has you covered — just order and your custom idea will be the talk of the town this October!
1. Order Custom Trick or Treat Bags for Outstanding Neighbors. Maybe you want to show your favorite nearby trick-or-treaters your appreciation for doing life together on your street. Order custom Trick or Treat bags and have them ready when they come a ringing!
2. Order a Clever Bag for a Halloween Party Hostess Gift. We’ve got tons of clever Halloween Gift bags worth checking out. Gory, cutesy, or funny—we’ve got them all! Order a pre-designed bag or customize your own!
3. Order Custom Halloween Paper for Your Business. Does your town host an event where you’ll be giving away candy to little shoppers? Or do you just want to be extra festive? Order Halloween-themed tissue paper for wrapping your products or including in shopping bags.
4. Attending a Halloween-themed Wedding? Customize a Gift Bag. Are you attending a wedding with a Halloween theme? Personalize that gift check by presenting it in a custom gift bag!
5. Get clever and go fully custom! You can also always go fully custom with a tissue paper or gift bag design! Match a costume for your own trick or treat bag, or coordinate a favor bag to your Halloween party theme! Create your custom order now!
Check out our entire selection of Halloween-themed products, available on Zazzle!
When a party approaches, you want to make an impression with your gift. And with fully custom tissue paper, you could give even the most impersonal present and make it completely special. Here are a few reasons why creating fully custom gift wrap just makes sense:
1. Order in any quantity. You can order as few as 2 sheets of tissue paper, and up to 1,000. So if you are giving a single gift for a birthday or wedding, order a small quantity and the guests of honor won’t believe you went to such an effort. And if you are ordering for a large party, wedding favors, a shower, or corporate gathering, you can personalize the tissue paper to the event to make the fit extra special.
2. Add any photo or text. Upload a picture, message, names, a date, or any text you want. Choose from numerous fonts or background colors. Make the image small, or cover the whole tissue paper.
3. Simple tools. You don’t have to be a graphic artist to create your tissue paper design. Just use our simple tools, and the site will even let you know if there are errors with your uploads. See a preview of your design as you work.
4. Low cost! For 10 lb tissue paper, the cost starts at less than $3 a sheet. Greater quantities bring the cost down even further.
5. Highly rated. The tissue paper, sold on Zazzle and printed by Digiwrap, has 4.9 out of 5 stars on Zazzle, with 74 reviews! People love the quality, ease of use, and final product. You don’t have to take our word for it—the fully custom tissue paper is top notch!
We are proud to have created an exclusive printing process for custom-printed gift bags. Our personalized and custom gift bags are available to purchase on Zazzle, where we are proud to say they get incredible reviews! (You can also see plenty of 5 star reviews on our maker page for unique tissue paper designs.) We hear rave reviews about the quality of the gift bags as well as the gorgeous colors.
On Zazzle you can find pre-designed gift bags, customizable designs where you can upload your own photos or text to a gift bag, or Make-Your-Own custom gift bags—and customers love them all!
Here are some of the things our gift bag customers have said recently when reviewing our custom gift bags:
“It was very well made and sturdy.”
“I thought the idea of personalized gift bags was wonderful and the bag was gorgeous!”
“The tote is amazing. You could not find better anywhere in the field of paper goods and packaging.”
“Slick – Shiny – NICE!”
“Just perfect for all the small items…baby book, teddy bear, onesies…I bought for the mom-to-be! Sturdy bag but still flexible.”
“The bag is even better than I imagined—it is sturdy and the graphics are perfect for my graduating physician! “
“Beautiful Tiffany blue gift bag. Durability, strong well made bag. Elegant looking.”
“The gift bag for our son’s wedding turned out even better than I expected. The color of the gift bag was beautiful and the quality is great!”
Interested in shopping our selection of custom gift bags on Zazzle? Check them out now!
Digiwrap is known for printing custom tissue paper, and the ability to print in very small quantities. You may think it’s incredible to be able to order just 1 sheet of a custom tissue paper to wrap a birthday present for a special someone, or to print just 100 sheets for your wedding favors, or to print just a few hundred for your small business product packaging—but your awe over the process is nothing compared to that of the industry insiders who know that what Digiwrap has accomplished here is no small feat!
Recently Brad Boskovic, President of Digiwrap, was interviewed by WhatTheyThink, the printing and publishing industry’s leading media organization. The interview is part of the “Thought Leadership” video series. In the video, they describe the printing process as one of the more unique HP Indigo applications they’ve seen. Senior Editor Cary Sherburne says, “Tissue paper, wow! On a sheet fed press, wow!” We are always happy to make industry insiders say “Wow!”—twice!
We also love to see Brad talk so excitedly about his passion for our products—both the custom printed tissue paper and the personalized Euro-style tote bags (gift bags), and about our exclusive patented process that took four years to develop.
You can see the video here, or click the image below and you will be taken to the WhatTheyThink page.
Order your custom tissue paper today!
We’re proud of our custom printed tissue paper, and we love when others appreciate the value. Recently, we were featured as part of Big Picture Magazine’s “Digitally Printed” Holiday Gift Idea guide.
They said, “Don’t let a boring exterior mask the uniqueness of your digitally printed gift. You can print the whole bundle, with printed wrapping paper or even tissue paper. This hydrangea pattern from Digiwrap, for example, was printed with a modified digital offset printer. “
Check out the post and their other great ideas here!
And don’t forget to order your custom printed tissue paper for gifts all year long!
We created Digiwrap for people who understand and agree on one thing: It’s all in the presentation. We create custom tissue paper for people who have a vision. People who are particular. People who know what they want. We add the finishing touches to your product, gift, or event. We are “that something” that makes what you do memorable. We help you add the “wow.”
What are the best uses for custom tissue paper? Here are a few ideas:
1. Wedding favors. You want your big day to be everyone’s favorite wedding. You want people to be in awe that you thought of every detail. Use custom tissue paper with your wedding date and names to wrap the favor, so they can take home a reminder that you thought of everything.
2. Special event or banquet favors. Do you have a special event, like a fundraiser, banquet, or gala? Print custom tissue paper with your logo, a pattern to match and create your theme, or the event information. Use it to decorate and for favors.
3. Birthday party decor or gifts. Maybe you have the perfect theme planned for your birthday party but you need a particular pattern to make it work. Print tissue paper so your vision can be fulfilled! This works for a child’s birthday party theme, or for milestone birthdays, like a 40th, 50th, and so on!
4. Product launches. You have a special product you are launching and want to promote. Create custom tissue paper to celebrate the launch and help spread the word.
5. Etsy packaging. You run a business on Etsy and ship your products across the country. Make your shop memorable and encourage repeat business by wrapping your products in custom-printed tissue paper with your shop name or logo.
6. Custom shopping bag or store gift box tissue paper. You can add a special touch to any shopping bag with a custom designed tissue paper. Or provide tissue with your company logo in a pattern with gift boxes. Your customers will love the special touch!
7. Your own personal gift wrap. Print your own signature gift wrap—one that screams “you!” Add a name, date, or picture to make it perfectly clear that this paper is one-of-a-kind.
The next time you are planning something special, Digiwrap It!
Maybe you have another great idea for custom tissue paper to add to our list. If you have success using custom tissue paper to give your project, event, or gift a special something, let us know! We’d love to feature it here.